Connect with us
Discuss your tuckshop with us
Apple Oat Cookies
Buderim Mountain State School, QAST
- Roslyn Holt
1cupwholemeal plain flour
3eachgreen apples, small
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the baking powder, flour, oats, coconut, pepitas, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries and cinnamon.
- Grate the apples (minus the core). In a separate smaller bowl mix the grated apple, olive oil, and honey.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls. Place onto lined baking trays and flatten the biscuits so they are approximately 1cm thick.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
A Heart Foundation Healthy Cookie packed full of flavour. Uses wholemeal flour and oats with fresh apples, spices and seeds. This cookie is “Amber” when served in 35g cookies.