Banana and Blueberry Bread
QCWA CK, QAST
- Chrissy Buzzard
2cups overripe bananas, mashed (approx. 4-6 medium bananas)
1cupcup frozen blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 175°C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Cream margarine in a separate bowl, stir in eggs and mashed banana until well blended.
- Fold banana mixture and blueberries into flour mixture until just combined, making sure not to over stir.
- Pour batter in loaf tin and bake in oven for 60 to 65 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto wire rack.
This delicious banana bread was created in collaboration with the Queensland Country Women’s Association’s (QCWA) Country Kitchens program and is courtesy of Gail Allom from the QCWA Maleny Branch . This banana bread makes a great snack on the go! With wholemeal flour, banana and blueberry, this loaf will provide you with a good amount of fibre while also helping you to get more serves of fruit into your day. Enjoy with a dollop of natural yoghurt on the side.
If unavailable, switch out the frozen blueberries for frozen raspberries.