Chicken Amok with Rice
- Tyra Tun
1.5KgChicken thigh, skinless & boneless
1Fresh Lemon grass tube (use fresh lemon grass if available)
6Potatoes, Medium sized, peeled & chopped into bite size
6Carrots, large, peeled and chopped
2canLight Coconut cream can
1cupwhite rice, cooked
2Bok or Pad Choy bunch, roughly chopped
1Spring onions, bunch, chopped
1broccoli bunch, steamed
- Add a small amount of olive oil to a sausepan, add spices and spring onions until fragrant.
- Add chicken, coat chicken in the spice mix. Then, add light coconut cream and vegetables (not Bok choy).
- Simmer on slow heat until potato and carrots are soft
- Add Bok choy and sugar 5 minutes before you are ready to serve.
- Stir through fish sauce just before taking off heat.
- Serve with white rice (1 cup per serve), garnish with steamed broccoli.
Submitted by Caloundra Christian College. Amok is traditionally mild and slightly sweet with a strong lemongrass and coconut flavour complimented by turmeric. Very commonly served also with fish instead of chicken in Cambodia.
If you like a touch of heat, add a small amount of chilli when adding other spices.