Connect with us
Discuss your tuckshop with us
- Chris Ogden
5gminced ginger (optional)
30gChicken Stock Powder
0.5KgSkinless chicken breast or thighs
Salt and pepper to taste
5gHerbs optional (rosemary, thyme)
- Place a large pot over medium high heat and add in oil. Once oil is hot, add in garlic, onion, carrots and celery; cook for a few minutes until onion becomes translucent.
- Next add in minced ginger and grated turmeric. Saute for 30 seconds to let the spices cook a bit, then add in chicken stock powder and water, chicken breast, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper
- Bring soup to a boil, then stir in rice. You’ll want the chicken to be covered by the broth so make sure you stir them down to the bottom.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a cutting board to shred with two forks. Add chicken back to pot then stir in frozen peas.
This hearty chicken and vegetable soup is perfect for a cold winter’s day. Serve with bread or toast!
Can use Pearl cous cous instead of the rice.