Petrie State School, QAST
- Mary Sneddon
1/2red onion, finely diced
1/2large carrot, grated
1/2medium capsicum, finely diced
1cupGF plain flour
410gcorn kernels, tinned
410gcreamed corn, tinned
- Grate zucchini, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Squeeze out all excess liquid by hand.
- Grate carrot and cheese, finely dice capsicum and onion. Add to zucchini and mix together.
- Add drained tins of kernels, beaten egg and creamed corn. Mix well.
- Add GF flour and fold in. Do not overmix.
- On a low heat add butter and oil to the fry pan.
- Spoon fritter mix into 5cm rounds and cook for 4 minutes each side until crispy and coloured on the outside.
- Optional: serve with aioli or fruit chutney. Can be eaten cold.
Gluten free and vegetarian snack to eat on the go; bursting with colour and 4 veggies.
Non-gluten free: Swap gluten free flour with plain flour.