Connect with us
Discuss your tuckshop with us
Four Bean Salad
- Chrissy Buzzard
3tinsfour bean mix
1red onion, diced
1cupgreen beans, chopped
1/4cupolive or neutral oil
- Drain all tins, rinse contents and add to a bowl.
- Add capsicum, onion and green beans and mix. Set some aside for a vegetarian option.
- Add shredded chicken.
- Pour the lemon juice into a cup or small container. Slowly drizzle in oil while stirring to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine. Season to taste.
- Serve on its own or in wholemeal wraps.
Mixed beans and legumes make a simple and filling salad that can have lots of variations.
This recipe can easily be vegetarian or contain meat. Other salad vegetables can also be added. Add some honey to the dressing to sweeten it slightly if desired.