Connect with us
Discuss your tuckshop with us
Easy Nicoise Salad
- Chrissy Buzzard
450gunpeeled baby potatoes, washed
250ggreen beans, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
8large cos lettuce leaves, roughly torn or 150g small spinachleaves
425gtuna in spring water, drained
1/2cupsmall pitted black olives, drained
- Place eggs in a small saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 6 minutes, drain and refresh with cold water. Once cool, peel eggs and cut into quarters.
- Place potatoes in a medium-sized saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 8 minutes. Add green beans and simmer for a further 2 minutes until they are bright green and potatoes are tender.
- Drain beans and potatoes and refresh with cold water.
- Cut potatoes in half and add to a large serving bowl with lettuce, tuna, beans, tomatoes and olives, topped with eggs.
- Before service, mix mustard with lemon juice and drizzle over salad.
- Serve immediately or store covered in fridge until service time.
A French salad with tuna, green beans, hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, and potatoes that’s hearty enough to serve as a main dish.
- Replace potatoes with a drained 425g can of cannellini beans.
- Substitute cos lettuce for mesculin, baby spinach or butter lettuce leaves.
- Substitute tuna for cooked chicken.