Japanese Chicken Katsu Curry
Wooloowin State School, QAST
- Matt Hoole
2packetsGolden Curry Cubes
2cupsgreen beans, chopped
15Chicken burger patties
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Set 2 litres of water on to boil in a large pot.
- Start to cook the rice in either a rice cooker or a second pot.
- Dice potatoes and carrots. Add to the water.
- Add vegetable stock to the water. Simmer until potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes, adding peas, green beans and cauliflower in with 5 minutes to spare.
- Meanwhile, cook chicken patties in the preheated oven and cook according to package directions
- Once the vegetables are tender, add the curry cubes and mix thoroughly until the cubes are completely dissolved.
- Slice chicken into strips
- Serve curry with rice and top with the chicken. Leave out if vegetarian.
If making a vegetarian option, leave out the chicken.