Kim’s Superfood Salad
Yugumbir State School, QAST
- Chrissy Buzzard
1Lebanese cucumber, sliced
1small tinbeetroot, thinly sliced
1small tin corn
4slicestinned pineapple, drained and chopped
2tbsp pepitas & sunflower seeds, mixed
3tbspsweet chilli sauce
- Chop one sweet potato into quarters, length ways. Slice into 2.5cm slices.
- Mix olive oil, balsamic and vegetta in a bowl. Add sweet potato and coat with oil mix. Place on a lined baking tray and bake in 160 degrees fan-forced oven for 15-18 minutes. Cool.
- In a bowl assemble the salad of baby spinach, carrot, tomato, cucumber, beetroot, corn, pineapple, pepitas, sunflower seeds and chia seeds. Top with roasted sweet potato.
- Add a 30ml of sweet chilli sauce to a small serving container (with lid).
- Just before service, drizzle the sauce over the salad, or serve on the side.
A nutritious and delicious salad which is quick to assemble and satisfying. This recipe from Yugumbir State School was a finalist in the 2022 Recipe of the Year competition.
Add in capsicum for a different texture. Or to increase the protein add in tuna or chicken. Swap baby spinach with any lettuce leaf of your choice. Packaging suggestion: Use bio bowls with a clear lid. This recipe was an entrant in the 2022 Recipe of the Year competition which is funded by the Queensland Government through Health and Wellbeing Queensland.