Connect with us
Discuss your tuckshop with us
Lovey dovey raspberry banana oatmeal muffins
- Donna Moyle
2 cupsRolled oats
1/2cupRaspberries (frozen or fresh)
- Pre-heat oven to 175 degrees celsius.
- In a large bow, mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana until mostly smooth. Add the remaining wet ingredients other than the raspberries. Mix until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Evenly distribute the mixture among approximately 16-18 silicone heart shaped cups or regular silicon muffin cups, filling each cup almost to the top. You can also bake the mixture in an 8×8 inch baking dish if you prefer to cut the mixture into bars.
- Top the cups evenly with the raspberries pressing gently so that they sink into the oatmeal mixture. If the raspberries are large, you may wish to break them into smaller pieces before pressing them in.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow the cups to fully cool before removing from the muffin pan.
This treat is a fun way to celebrate Valentine’s Day with students, parents and teachers alike. Make them in bulk and use them as part of a Valentine’s Day special. Switch to squares or rectangles to serve year round.
- Using different muffin pans – these still look really cute in squares or rectangles, so don’t be disheartened if you don’t have heart shaped silicone.
- If you don’t have raspberries, use strawberries (fresh or frozen).
- Want it gluten free? Substitute the flour for gluten free options such as gluten-free oats flour. The rolled oats can also be substituted for gluten free labelled oats if you don’t already have them in stock.