Marinated Chicken with Crispy Noodle and Sweet Potato Salad
Waraburra State School, QAST
- Mary Sneddon
1 1/2 cupssweet potato, roasted and diced
balsamic vinegar, drizzle (optional)
- Dice chicken thighs and mix with marinade ingredients (sweet soy and garlic) and place into the fridge for an hour. If you want a better tasting result leave in the fridge overnight.
- Add oil to the fry pan and cook marinated chicken until it is crispy and cooked in the middle.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, throw together all your salad ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- For 1 serving, scoop out a cup of salad and approx. 50g of chicken to place in a bento box container.
- Add a sprinkle of croutons and drizzle with balsamic vinegar or french dressing; just before serving.
A variety of fresh, cool salad ingredients combined with the crunch and crisp mouthfeel from the croutons and chicken.
Vegetarian – swap chicken for tofu.