Mexican Chicken Stack
1eachtomatoes (400g tin)
- In a large electric wok, fry onions until soft. Add mince and fry until brown.rnAdd taco seasoning, kidney beans, chickpeas, corn and tomatoes, cook for 5 mins to heat through.
- In each 3 large bain-maire pans, assemble 3 layers, bottom, second and top layers. For the bottom layer, cover base with tortillas cut in half. Evenly spread a layer of mince to cover. Sprinkle cheese over.
- For the second layer, cover meat layer with another layer of tortillas, spread sour cream over the tortillas. Spread salsa over sour cream. Top with a layer of spinach.
- For the top layer, make a final layer of tortillas covered with sour cream, salsa and cheese.
- Bake at 180 degrees until heated through (approximately 10 mins). Let cool , preferably overnight. Then cut into servicing size portions (18 per tray). Place into serving containers (alfoil lasagne dish). Place 8 serves on a large baking tray. Cover with foil and freeze until needed.
- To serve, warm individual meals in oven with foil cover. Remove foils and serve with a spoon of sour cream and sliced shallots.
Submitted by Chancellor State College. A delicious Mexican blend of chicken and beans in a mild tomato salsa, folded between layers of tortilla bread.