Oven Fried Rice
- Andrew Gallagher
3cupMixed vegetables, diced
1.5cupLean ham, diced
3eachEgg omelette, diced eggs
0.5cupShallots, chopped finely
- In a deep baking dish combine oils, garlic and rice, stirring well to coat rice. rn
- Add ham, vegetables and stock powder and stir well.
- Add water, stir and seal with aluminium foil.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200u02daC for 25-30 minutes, until water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile beat eggs together and cook as a thin omelette, cool and dice.
- When rice is cooked, mix through the diced omelette and chopped shallots.
Choice of vegetarian (includes egg) or special (ham and egg) with mixed vegetablesChoice of vegetarian (includes egg) or special (ham and egg) with mixed vegetables.
Leave out the ham for a vegetarian fried rice or add cooked chicken breast meat for a combination fried rice. Serve in a clear container to see the colours of the vegetables.