Pumpkin Tortilla Bowl
- test testsurname
2eachJumbo Tortilla (12 inch)
1cupRed Cabbage, shredded
4tbspBlack Beans, canned
4tbspCorn Kernels, canned
2tbspVegan Mayo or Vegan Aioli
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut 8 circles from 2 jumbo tortilla and mould into an upside down muffin tin and bake until crisp (approx 6-10 minutes). (Use pre-made taco boats as a convenient alternative).
- In a mixing bowl, mix pumpkin, olive oil, paprika, cumin, turmeric, garlic powder and crushed chilli. Spread on baking tray and roast pumpkin until golden and soft (approx 10 mins).
- Rinse and drain red cabbage. To make the slaw - mix red cabbage, black beans, corn, spring onions, sunflower seeds, lime and vegan mayo/aioli.
- To assemble, fill tortilla bowl and slaw mix. Add 4-5 cubes of pumpkin (warm or cold). Top with 1tbs of guacamole. Optional garnish with rocket. rnrnServe (2 mini tortilla bowls = 1 serve)
This recipe is packed full of vegetables which makes it fresh, delicious and nutritious. A super simple dairy free and vegan option to add to the tuckshop menu that children will definitely enjoy! 1 serve = 2 tortilla bowls or pre-made taco boats. For teachers offer 1 large tortilla bowl. This recipe is the winner of QAST Recipe of the Year 2020. Thank you Coombabah State School for submitting this recipe and congratulations!