Raspberry coconut oat slice
- Chris Ogden
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm baking tray, or line with baking paper
- Combine flour, oats and sugar in a large bowl
- Melt margarine and golden syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove margarine and golden syrup mixture from heat. Dissolve baking soda in water and immediately stir into margarine and syrup mix.
- Pour margarine mix over oat mix and combine.
- Press two thirds of mixture into base of prepared pan and smooth top.
- Spread over a thin layer of jam and add sprinkle of fresh or frozen berries. (use whatever is in season if available fresh, otherwise frozen are perfectly fine as well)
- Stir coconut into remaining oat mixture
- Crumble coconut oat mixture over the top of fruit.
- Bake in a moderate oven at 180 for 20-25 minutes until golden brown
Thanks to Wamuran State School for sharing
Use whatever berries are in season