Roast Pumpkin Soup
- Pauladmin tester
1unitBrown onion, finely chopped
2unitGarlic cloves, finely chopped
1tbspGinger, finely grated
1/4cupNatural yoghurt (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 200 deg C. Line baking trays with baking paper.
- Coarsely chop the pumpkin and spread on the prepared trays. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until pumpkin is soft and lightly coloured.
- Heat remaining oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes or until slightly softened. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add cooked pumpkin and juices from the tray to the pan. Add the stock. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in ginger.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly. Puree.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and herbs of your choice.
Tasty and delicious item for winter menus.
For added protein add a can of chick peas with step 6.