Sweet Potato, Pumpkin and Onion Frittata
- Pauladmin tester
500gPumpkin, cut in large dice
1Sweet potato, cut in large dice
4Red onions, sliced thinly
2Egg whites, extra
1mlMilk, reduced fat
1cupreduced-fat cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to medium, about 180 deg C.
- Toss vegetables in olive oil and season and saute in a non stick or heavy cast iron pan on medium to high heat.
- Remove when coloured and cooked, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Beat eggs and whites together with 1 tsp salt and add chives and parsley.
- Line a cake tin with baking paper.
- Spread vegetables evenly on bottom and pour in egg mixture.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove, sprinkle with cheese and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove, cool and cut into portions and serve warm.
Can also be served cold with a fresh salad.
Tips: Root vegetables work best with this frittata, but all vegetables can be used. Cooking the day before and letting it set overnight makes it easier to cut into portions.