6th November 2020
What a year it has been! If ever there was a year to celebrate this is it. After all the uncertainty and times of change, we have made it through to Term 4 and we are still here! Before we know it, we will be planning next year’s menu and thinking about our goals for 2021.
Have you thought about how to thank your wonderful tuckshop staff and volunteers on Tuckshop Day? Here are some suggestions:
- Morning tea to acknowledge tuckshop staff and volunteers
- Thank you cards/videos or posters from students
- Present flowers on assembly
- Post on the school/P&C/P&F Facebook page and newsletter
- Present with a new apron
- Donate new equipment to tuckshop
- Principal, teachers or admin staff help serve in the tuckshop
- Ask students to colour and cut out flowers to pop on the tuckshop walls, here are some we found with a google search.
- Ask students to make paper flower posies.
Make sure that you share how you celebrated the day by uploading your pics onto the QAST Facebook page.
Certificates are a great way to acknowledge your tuckshop staff. Three printable certificates have been included.
There are also resources and templates available on the Department of Education website. This year colouring in templates have been designed for the students to colour and give to tuckshop staff and volunteers.
Don’t forget on Tuckshop Day, QAST are hosting the ‘Stories from a Tuckshop’ a virtual free event for tuckshop staff, management and volunteers around Queensland from 5 to 6pm. For more information check out the webpage.