The first Friday in November each year is Tuckshop Day! This is the time to celebrate the hard work of tuckshop staff, volunteers and management in running your tuckshop. Use the opportunity to celebrate what’s unique about your tuckshop.
Tuckshop Day 2021 will be held on Friday 4 November, 2022.
Have you thought about how to thank your wonderful tuckshop staff and volunteers on Tuckshop Day? Here are some suggestions:
- Morning tea to acknowledge tuckshop staff and volunteers
- Thank you cards/videos or posters from students
- Present flowers on assembly
- Post on the school/P&C/P&F Facebook page and newsletter
- Present with a new apron
- Donate new equipment to tuckshop
- Principal, teachers or admin staff help serve in the tuckshop
- Ask students to colour and cut out flowers to pop on the tuckshop walls, here are some we found with a google search.
- Ask students to make paper flower posies.
Make sure that you share how you celebrated the day by uploading your pics onto the QAST Facebook page.
Certificates are a great way to acknowledge your tuckshop staff. Three printable certificates have been included.
There are also resources and templates available on the Department of Education website. This year colouring in templates have been designed for the students to colour and give to tuckshop staff and volunteers. Don’t forget on Tuckshop Day, QAST are annoucing the winner of the Recipe of the Year competition 2021. Get your entries in before 11 October 2021. Stay tuned for the announcement.