Apple Streusel Slice
- Andrew Gallagher
1.5cupWholemeal self raising flour
2cupPie apple, canned
0.25cupRolled oats, for topping
0.25cupBrown sugar, for topping
1tspGround cinnamon, for topping
30gMargarine, for topping
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line a large deep baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients for the base and make a well in the centre.
- Pour in melted margarine and eggs and mix until smooth. Spread evenly onto the tray.
- For streusel topping mix all ingredients to form a crumbly mix.
- Top the base with pie apple pieces and streusel topping and bake for about 30 minutes.
Delicious German style streusel baked fresh in the tuckshop.