2KgLean beef mince
4Crushed tomatoes (410g tin)
1CupTomato paste, no salt added
1TbspVeggie stock powder
3KgSpiral pasta, uncooked
3CupLow-fat shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Brown mince in a large saucepan that has been coated with cooking spray, drain well, remove to a plate. Use plant based mince for a vegetarian option.
- Add onion, carrot, garlic and zucchini to the pan and cook for up to ten minutes.
- Add tomato paste, tinned tomatoes, stock powder & herbs. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- In another pot boil and salt water. Add pasta and cook according to the packet directions.
- Mix together meat, sauce pasta and cheese and pour into a greased baking tin (or several!). Top sparsely with cheese and bake until the cheese goes golden, up to 20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
This simple bolognese bake is sure to be a hit year round.
Bulk up with grated veggies, beans or lentils to reduce the cost of ingredients and increase the nutrition.