Cheese & Chive Scones
- Parivash Karimi
20gFresh Chives (chopped)
- Mix flour, sugar & salt in a bowl and add butter. Mix until resembles breadcrumbs.
- Make well in centre and add milk, herbs & cheese.
- Gently mix until dough just comes together.
- Cover and set aside for the afternoon. Only refrigerate in summer otherwise just cover on the bench.
- Preheat oven 220.
- Knead and roll the dough out to about 2cm thick.
- Using a lightly floured rolling pin, gently roll dough out until 2cm thick. Using a 6cm fluted-edge cutter, cut out scones. Press leftover dough together.
- Place scones, just touching, on prepared tray. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden and hollow when tapped on top. Serve with butter or cream cheese.
Thanks to Fig Tree Pocket State School for sharing this recipe