Chicken burger patties
Buderim Mountain State School, QAST
- Saute the diced onion in a pan with the oil until soft and translucent. Drain onto a paper towel to cool.
- Combine the chicken mince, garlic, herbs, breadcrumbs, egg, grated vegetables and cooled onion. Mix very thoroughly so the vegetables are evenly distributed throughout the mix.
- Weigh out 150g patties from the chicken mixture. Roll into a ball and flatten them out and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper with a little space in between each one.
- In a pre-heated 180C oven, cook the patties for approximately 20 minutes, until they start to lightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve on wholemeal rolls with tomato, lettuce and a little lite mayonnaise, or crunchy coleslaw.
Fresh chicken mince burgers with hidden vegies, oven baked to serve on a wholemeal roll with salad or coleslaw.
These patties can be served on their own, without the roll, accompanied by garden salad and sweet chilli sauce. They are also suitable to be frozen, uncooked. Alternately they may be cooked first then frozen and reheated to safe temperature.