Mexican Taco Boat
Tallebudgera State School, QAST
440gBlack beans, drained and rinsed
440gCorn kernels, drained
1Red onion, diced
1Yellow capsicum, diced
2Red capsicum, diced
2.5cupBrown rice, cooked
80gLite sour cream
10Lemon or lime wedges
110-inch tortilla wrap
- Pre-cook the rice the day before and place in the fridge.
- In a large bowl combine black beans, corn kernels, onion, both capsicums, parsley and tomatoes. Mix together to combine.
- Toast up the wrap and cut into wedges when cool. Wrap in clingwrap.
- Place taco seasoning and chicken in a frypan, toss to coat and cook on medium heat for around 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place vegetable mix in 1/2 of the bowl, seasoned chicken in 1/4 and rice in the last 1/4.
- Place wrapped tortilla wedge on top, with a wedge of lemon or lime and a small pot of sour cream.
vegetarian or vegan if needed via some simple swaps.
Make the bowl vegan by removing the chicken, adding the taco seasoning to the rice, topping the bowl with avocado and serving with salsa instead of sour cream. Make the bowl gluten free by replacing the tortilla with a gluten free wrap or remove tortilla entirely.