Soy Seed Snack
- Pauladmin tester
SelectPepitas (pumpkin seeds)
SelectDried fruit (optional)
SelectWasabi peas (optional)
SelectRice crackers (optional)
- Heat a pan and add equal amounts of pepitas and sunflower seeds.
- Toss or stir occasionally until the seeds are lightly toasted.
- Add a few dashes of soy sauce while still in the pan and stir until the sauce is absorbed. Be careful not to add too much or they become very salty.
- Let the seeds cool and combine with crunchy noodles and any other ingredients you would like to experiment with.
- Seeds and allergies: Caution needs to be taken with seeds as the proteins they contain could cause an allergic reaction in some students, similar to that experienced with peanut allergies. A student can be allergic to peanut only, a tree nut only or specific seek only, or any combination of these.
Tasty snack idea.
Wasabi peas are very hot but have a nice tang that older students might appreciate. Dried fruit makes an interesting sweet and sour combination.