2unitSoft boiled eggs
10unitNori seaweed sheets
2cupCooked sushi or small/medium grain rice
10unitSoy sauce to serve
- Combine mayonnaise, eggs, carrot and hoisin sauce in a bowl.
- Place nori sheet on a sushi mat, spread with rice, leaving a 2cm boarder at the top.
- Spread with mayonnaise mix across the middle and top with cucumber strip.
- Lift the edge of the mat, slowly rolling it away from you. Use gentle pressure and roll until ends form a join.
- Remove mat and slice. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with reduced salt soy sauce.
Quick and easy Sushi.
Try free flow chicken mixed with Teriyaki sauce instead of the cucumber. Sushi mats can be bought at some homewares shops or Asian grocers. Otherwise you could use a bamboo placemat for the same effect. Have a bowl of vinegared water handy to dip utensils and fingers in so rice does not stick.