Baked Potato using Eco Friendly Food Recipe Ideas
Eco Chilli Topping
4ea medium tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cuptomato paste
1canred kidney beans, drained and mashedrn
1packet taco seasoning mix
- Preheat oven to 200deg C.
- Place required number of medium sized washed potatoes in the oven, skin pierced twice with a fork. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cut each potato into 4 segments, not sliced all the way through to serve.
- Dollop the topping onto potato, then sprinkle with grated cheese and yoghurt.
- Eco Chilli Topping Place all ingredients into a casserole dish, mix through, cover and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Baked potato toped with a choice of the Eco Chilli, The Bean Machine or Super Salsa. The food that we purchase, prepare and serve has an impact on our students health and that of the environment. To find out more including other eco-friendly recipes visit the EcoFriendly Food website at www.ecofriendlyfood.org.au
Tips: Do not forget to recycle cans and tubs. Making meals from fresh local ingredients reduces food miles and is often tastier and healthier. Seasonal produce is often cheaper and of better quality than buying our of season, and it reduces energy consumed in storage and food miles.