- Andrew Gallagher
1KgLean rump steak, cut into strips
2unitMedium onion, sliced
2unitPeeled diced tomatoes, 440g can
500gReduced fat natural yoghurt
2tbspFresh parsley, finely chopped
- Combine corn flour and paprika in a bowl and toss meat lightly in the seasoned flour. Shake off any excess.
- Heat oil in a large non stick fry pan and add garlic and onion. Cook over moderate heat until transparent for about 2 minutes.
- Add meat in small batches and cook for 5 minutes or until browned well. Return all meat to the pan.
- Add mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes and parsley (optional). Bring to the boil and simmer on reduced heat for 10 minutes.
- Fold in yoghurt before serving and heat through. Portion and serve immediately garnished with a sprinkle of extra paprika and parsley.
Traditional satisfying winter meal made fresh in the tuckshop with lean rump steak, mushrooms and yoghurt served on a bed of rice. Note for best results this recipe should be prepared and served fresh.
This recipe works well with strips of chicken breast too and can be served on noodles, rice or pasta.