Carrot and Corn Muffin
- Andrew Gallagher
1.75cupWhite self-raising flour
1eachCarrot, peeled and grated
0.5unitCorn kernels, drained (420g can)
2tbspGrated Parmesan cheese
1cupLow fat milk
- Preheat oven to 190u02daC, lightly spray muffin tins with oil and set aside.
- Sift flour and curry powder into a large bowl.
- Fold in carrot, corn and cheese.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs, oil and milk.
- Pour wet mix into the dry flour mix and lightly combine, being careful not to over mix.
- Spoon mixture into muffin trays and bake for 25 minutes, until golden and firm to touch.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve.
Muffins freeze well and can be defrosted and heated in the microwave to serve warm. Serve this one with low fat cream cheese, cottage cheese or chutney if desired. Add any fresh herbs you have in the canteen for a different flavour option.