Connect with us
Discuss your tuckshop with us
250gShort Cut Lean Bacon - finely diced
2Large Onions- finely diced
6Potatoes - finely diced (washed, with the skins on)
4litreLow Fat Milk
410gCreamed corn can
410gCorn kernels can
1tbspChicken booster/ stock powder
1eachPepper to taste
- Spray a large pot with Canola spray and saute bacon and onions until soft but not brown.
- Steam or boil potatoes until fork tender
- Add milk, potatoes, water, both corn cans, chicken booster.
- Bring to the boil, thicken with cornflour mixed with milk to the consistency you like.
- Add pepper to taste and parsley.
This beautiful corn chowder is a favourite for boarders and day students alike.
Very forgiving recipe. Use chicken stock if possible to replace water and chicken booster.Can leave bacon out for a vegetarian option, use low sodium chicken stock powder if possible. Can use frozen corn instead of cans.