QAST, St Francis Xaviers School (Manunda)
- Andrew Gallagher
1KgLean beef mince
2Carrots, finely grated
1Zucchini, finely grated
2Onions, finely chopped
1/4canWhole lentils, can drained
1/4canRed kidney beans, can drained
4tspReduced salt beef stock powder
1 1/2cupDry breadcrumbs
Flour to coat
- Finely grate and chop vegetables, either by hand or using a food processor. Drain and puree lentils and beans (this may need to be done with the onion to add moisture).
- Combine all ingredients very well.
- Form 1/3 cup of mixture into balls onto a tray lined with paper towel (this will soak up any excess liquid) and store, covered in the fridge, for an hour.
- Shape each ball in a hamburger press.
- Heat a lightly oiled flat grill. Lightly dust each patty with flour and cook, on a moderate heat for 5 to 7 minutes each side.
- Place into a bread roll with your choice of salad.
Tasty burger made fresh in the tuckshop.