Connect with us
Discuss your tuckshop with us
Italian Baked Rice
1tbspVegetable Stock Powder
1tbspItalian Mixed Herbs (Dried)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.rn
- Add oil to oven-proof baking dish. Add chopped onion and garlic to baking dish, and brown in oven for 2 minutes.
- Add carrot, zucchini, capsicum to baking dish and cook for another 4 minutes in oven.
- While vegetables are cooking, add vegetable stock to 3 cups boiling water. Once vegetables are soft, add rice, stock liquid and tomato passata to baking dish and mix all together.
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes. rnJust before serving, stir in frozen peas and cook in oven for another 2 minutes or until peas are cooked.
- Fork rice so it is fluffy and serve.
Super simple recipe using only just one pot to create! Thanks to Palm Beach Currumbin State High School for submitting this recipe.
Add in cooked chicken and/or cheese. With any leftovers, turn them into arancini balls by mixing in egg and cheese. Roll mixture into balls and coat in breadcrumbs. Bake in oven until golden brown.