Wooloowin State School, QAST
- Alex Chernov
500gKangaroo fillet, cubed
8Baby potatoes, quatered
5Carrots, cut into chunks
- Put a large pot on medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive or neutral oil.
- Add diced meat in batches, thoroughly browning all sides before removing onto a plate.
- Add vegetables into the pot, alongside a quarter cup of vegetable stock. Stir thoroughly to mix through any residue from the bottom of the pot. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Place meat back into pot and sift over the flour. Mix thoroughly and cook until you can no longer smell flour, approximately five minutes. Mix tomato paste through the mixture.
- Pour in vegetable stock and bring the stew to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until the meat is tender (at least an hour).
A hearty, warming stew best served with bread.
Serve hot with a side of crusty bread.