Connect with us
Discuss your tuckshop with us
Lebanese Lamb Bread
- Mix yeast and water together. Slowly pour in flour and 4 tsp salt. Add 3 tbsp olive oil.
- Mix until turn to a soft dough. Place the dough in a new bowl greased with olive oil. Cover and let rise for 2 hours, or until doubled in size.
- Punch dough to release air. Divide into 40 balls. Cover and let rise 20 min more.
- Preheat the oven to 230C (450 F).
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet. Add onion and tomatoes and cook until softened. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add onion mixture to lamb. Mix in cinnamon, cardamom, 1 tsp salt and pepper. Return to pan and drizzle over remaining olive oil. Stir and cook until lamb starts to brown but is not completely cooked.
- Roll bread dough into 10-inch (25 cm) rounds. Make indents with your fingers on the dough. Spread the lamb mixture onto the bread rounds.
- Bake in the oven at 230u00b0C (450 F) for 10 minutes, or until dough is golden-brown.
Serve this Lebanese lamb bread warm with fresh salad leaves, cucumber, tomato, olives and lemon wedges.