Lentil Rice with Raisins (Adas Polo)
- Parivash Karimi
2cupLentils (Green or Brown)
- Rinse and drain the rice and lentils separately.
- Boil the rice with 1 tbsp salt and 8 cups of water until you can smash each rice between your fingers.
- Meanwhile, boil the lentils with 1 tbsp salt and 4 cups of water until they get soft but not smashed or broken, then drain them and remove any extra water.
- Melt 4 tbsp of unsalted butter in a pan, fry the chopped onion until soften and golden, add the raisins and cinnamon and stir continually for 1 min, then remove from heat.
- Mix the rice, lentils and raisins in a large bowl gently, add salt if needed.
- Spread 2 tbsp of oil in the bottom of a large pot, add the rice mixture gently to the pot, then add another 2 tbsp of oil on the top.
- Place the lid and cook on medium-low heat about 30 min.
Adas Polo is a Persian style mix rice.