Mexican Beef Burrito
Buderim Mountain State School, QAST
1.5kgRed Kidney Beans
20gveg stock powder
500gTuscan blend cheese
2iceberg lettuce heads
608 inch tortillas
- Microwave the spinach and carrot until tender. Drain as much liquid as possible from it by pressing down with a plate in a colander.
- Saute the onions until softened, add the vegetables and fry for a few minutes until most of the moisture is evaporated.
- Add the minced beef, cooking until well done.
- Add the vegetable stock powder, garlic, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and oregano.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans (any remainder can be frozen for future use). Add to the beef mixture along with the taco seasoning. Combine well and cook gently for about 20 minutes, stirring to prevent the bottom sticking.
- Set aside to cool down.
- Spoon 150g into an 8 inch tortilla. Add cheese, lettuce and sour cream. Wrap ends in and roll up. Place seam side down to reheat.
These tasty Mexican burritos are packed full of hidden veggies and are delicious served with lettuce, cheese and sour cream.