Mexican Jacket Potatoes
- Pauladmin tester
1KgLean beef mince
1unitTaco seasoning mix (pack)
1/4unitTomato paste (375g bottle)
1cupGrated cheese, low fat
1cupYoghurt, low fat
- Pierce skin of jacket potatoes twice with a fork and cook whole in microwave for a couple of minutes until tender or in a preheated 180deg C oven for about one hour.
- Meanwhile brown mince, mix taco seasoning with a little water and add to mince. Add tomato paste and garlic.
- Simmer until most of the moisture is gone and the consistency is suitable as a topping.
- Cut a cross in the top of the potatoes and open out slightly.
- Place potato in serving container and top with 2 tablespoons mince mixture, tablespoon yoghurt and sprinkle of grated cheese.
Quick and easy and loaded with flavour.
This topping is ideal for making in advance and freezing in suitable quantities for a single service period. A simple vegetarian option can be made by replacing mince with red kidney beans. Experiment with other fillings, muffin pizza toppings make great jacket potato fillers.