Connect with us
Discuss your tuckshop with us
Mexicana Pizza with Avocado Topping
- Andrew Gallagher
1 425g canCrushed tomatoes
1425g canRed kidney beans drained
0.5cupMozzarella cheese, reduced fat
1Capsicum, deseeded and diced
12Pizza bases, small single serve
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat, add onion, garlic and seasoning. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and beans and simmer for 10 minutes, or until liquid has evaporated.
- Spread mixture on top of the pizza bases, top with mozzarella cheese and capsicum.
- Bake in oven at 200 degrees C for 20-25 minutes.
- Drizzle with avocado dip to serve
Freshly made pizza topped with Mexican tomato sauce base, kidney beans, capsicum, cheese and avocado dressing.
Using 12 inch frozen pizza bases instead of smaller individual pizzas as pictured, you get six good slices from each. Left over slices are great for late orders and serving to staff and volunteers. Avoid too much topping as it can make the pizza soggy and difficult to eat.