One pot Burrito
QAST, Wellers Hill State School
1 1/2cupRice (uncooked)
5cupFrozen mixed veg (peas, carrot, corn)
1canKidney beans (400g)
20Tortilla wraps (10 inch)
- Cook diced onion until translucent
- Add beef and cook until browned
- Add seasoning, cumin, rice and 3.5cups of water
- Cook for 10-15mins until rice is cooked through
- Meanwhile cook frozen vegetables in microwave on high for 10mins.
- Add vegetables to meat & rice mix.
- BlBlend kidney beans in food processor until a smooth paste, then add to beef, rice and vegetable mix. Allow to cool.
- Lay wraps flat, add 1 cup of beef, bean & rice mix and 1/3 cup of grated cheese.
- Wrap in foil and freeze.
- Reheat in oven for 1 hour from frozen.
Thanks to the team at Wellers Hill State School for sharing
Optional: toast in sandwich press.