Oven Fried Rice
Boyne Island State School, QAST
- Alex Chernov
3CupsMixed vegetables, diced
1.5CupsLean ham, diced
3Egg omelette, diced eggs
HalfCupShallots, chopped finely
- In a deep baking dish combine oils, garlic and rice, stirring well to coat rice.
- Add ham, vegetables and stock powder and stir well.
- Add water, stir and seal with aluminium foil.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200˚C for 25-30 minutes, until water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile beat eggs together and cook as a thin omelette, cool and dice.
- When rice is cooked, mix through 1 tbsp of soy sauce and add the diced omelette and chopped shallots.
This oven baked fried rice can be cooked in advance and frozen in portion packs on quiet days to help boost the menu on busy days. Very simple with minimal ingredients.
Add cooked chicken breast meat for a combination fried rice. Serve in a clear container to see the colours of the vegetables. Vegetarian option – Leave out the bacon to serve this as a vegetarian meal.