Persian Chicken Salad
QAST, Wooloowin State School
- Mary Sneddon
6hard boiled eggs
1 cupdill pickles, diced
- Steam or boil potatoes, carrots and peas until tender. Use an ice bath or cold running water to cool the vegetables.
- Dice potatoes and carrots. Set vegetables aside.
- Peel and dice boiled eggs.
- Combine shredded chicken, eggs, vegetables and pickles in a large bowl.
- Combine vinegar, mayonnaise and mustard in a separate bowl, then add the dressing to the salad and mix thoroughly.
A mouthwatering summer salad with a good hit of protein.
Meat alternatives – swap chicken for shredded pork (cooked in the slow cooker). Add more vegetables as a good vegetarian option – swap out the chicken for chickpeas and include grated zucchini (remember to squeeze out the water) and/or grated pumpkin.