Savory Mince and Rice
Apunipima Cape York Health Council, QAST
1kgFrozen Mixed vegetables
800gLong grain rice
- Heat pan and spray with oil
- Add onion, garlic, ginger and any diced raw vegetables that you are using. Cook 3 minutes until onion and vegetables are soft.
- Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince for 8-10minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Stir in gravy mix and simmer, stirring occasionally until sauce thickens.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce, grated carrot (if using) and any frozen vegetables.
- Cook for 3 minutes until vegetables are tender.
This homemade savoury mince is a delicious treat for kids on cold, winter’s day.