Savoury Beef Filo Rolls
3Brown onions, large
3KgLean beef mince
2tbspMixed dried herbs
6rollsFilo pastry, 375g rolls
Salt to taste
- Wash and trim all vegetables then finely grate with a food processor. Add mince, sauce, breadcrumbs, eggs, herbs and seasonings.
- Mix very well with clean hands. Depending on the moisture levels in the vegetables, more breadcrumbs may be needed.
- Take 3 sheets of filo pastry for each roll and fold in half. Don't do too many at a time as the pastry will dry and become brittle. Lightly spray edges with oil then lay 250g portions of mince mixture along the end.
- Roll firmly, cut in half and place onto lined trays edge side down to prevent unrolling. Spray the finished rolls liberally with canola spray.
- Bake in a preheated 220 degree celsius oven for 20 to 25 mins until golden.
Healthy version of a sausage roll. Great to do when you have lots of volunteers.
Leave out the mince and add breadcrumbs for a vegetarian version.