Beetroot Hummus Dip
- Chrissy Buzzard
1canno-added-salt chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2cupdiced, tinned beetroot
2tbsplow-salt vegetable stock
3medium carrots, peeled and sliced into sticks
3medium celery stalks, sliced into sticks
3small wholemeal pita bread, torn roughly into pieces
- Rinse and drain canned beetroot.
- Add beetroot and remaining ingredients to food processor and blend until smooth.
- For a smoother and runnier consistency add 1 tablespoon of vegetable stock between blitzing.
- Serve with pita bread and vegetable sticks (e.g. carrot, broccoli, capsicum, cucumber and celery).
This colourful beetroot hummus dip is a great way to get some extra veggies in.
- Use other vegetables for dipping, including sliced capsicum or cucumber, or snow peas.