Choice Mini Vegetable Quiches
- Chrissy Buzzard
8eggs, lightly whisked
1red onion, sliced
2garlic cloves, finely diced
1 cupshredded low fat cheese
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees, grease muffin baking tray
- Heat oil in medium size fry pan and add onion, garlic, tomato and capsicum. Fry until soft, set aside to cool
- In a large mixing bowl lightly whisk eggs
- Add baby spinach, mushrooms, cooled vegetables and cheese into egg mixture and stir gently
- Evenly pour mixture into muffin baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked and golden brown
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from tin and enjoy
This deadly mini vegetable quiche is packed full of vegetables. Made in collaboration with Deadly Choices, a preventative health organisation that aims to empower Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to make healthy choices for themselves and their families. To learn more about Deadly Choices go to https://deadlychoices.com.au/
- For additional spices you could add akudjura (ground bush tomatoes) or ground native pepperberry.
- These quiches are protein rich! A great morning or afternoon tea snack.
- These can contribute to your five daily serves of vegetables.
- Think of these for your next family gathering or morning tea at work – they’re sure to be a hit.
- These can also be made with bread cases.