Good Quick Egg and Avocado Wrap
- Chrissy Buzzard
4sheets wholemeal lavash bread
2tbspreduced fat cream cheese
50gbaby spinach leaves, washed
1large avocado, sliced
2vine ripened tomatoes, sliced
Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Spray a non-stick fry pan lightly with canola spray. Heat the pan, add the eggs and fry until done to your liking, remembering that they will cook further in the sandwich press.
- While the eggs are cooking lay the lavash out on a clean surface. Divide the cream cheese among the four pieces and spread along the centre.
- Top with the spinach, avocado, tomato and egg and season with pepper.
- Roll up, then place in a ridged sandwich press and toast until crisp and heated through.
This tasty wrap was created in collaboration with Deadly Choices, a preventative health organisation that aims to empower Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to make healthy choices for themselves and their families. High in protein and easy to put together, it’s an easy breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- If you don’t have a sandwich press, you can fry these gently with a small amount of spray oil in the non-stick pan to get that toasted effect.
- Swap cream cheese for low fat cottage cheese for a higher protein alternative.
- Wholemeal wraps work well in the place of lavash – if you struggle to find it at your local shop.
- FUN FACT: Lavash is a thin leavened flatbread traditionally from Eastern Europe and the Middle East.
|Ingredient Name||Bulk Price||Bulk Quantity||Bulk Type||Unit Price||Ingredient Quantity||Ingredient Unit|
|sheets wholemeal lavash bread||4|
|reduced fat cream cheese||2||tbsp|
|baby spinach leaves, washed||50||g|
|large avocado, sliced||1|
|vine ripened tomatoes, sliced||2|
|Cracked black pepper, to taste|
Number of Serves
Cost Per Serve
|Per Serve||Per 100g|