Connect with us
Discuss your tuckshop with us
Green Mac and Cheese
- Chrissy Buzzard
1cupgreen peas, cooked
4cups (160g)spinach leaves
2cupsreduced-fat grated cheese
125glight cream cheese
- Break cauliflower into florets, add to a saucepan with 1/2 cup of water and cook until tender.
- Just before cooked, add the spinach leaves and cook until wilted.
- Add the vegetables and water to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return blended vegetables to saucepan, add milk, cheese and cream cheese, stir until smooth over a medium heat.
- Add cooked macaroni (cooked to packet instructions) and cooked peas (cooked to packet instructions) to mixture, reduce heat, mix thoroughly, cook for five minutes covered.
- Dish out into desired containers.
Take this classic, that’s always a hit with the kids and give it a green (and healthy) twist. It’s creamy and delicious and packed full of extra veg!