Mexican Chicken Wraps
- Chrissy Buzzard
300gchicken breast, sliced
2cloves of garlic, crushed
1/2red capsicum, diced
1medium zucchini, grated
2cupscooked brown rice and quinoa
1canmixed beans, rinsed and drained
8wholemeal tortillas or wraps
1cupcheese, reduced fat, grated
1bunch fresh coriander, leaves only
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large frypan.
- Add chicken breast, garlic, paprika, cumin and ground coriander. Cook until outside of chicken is sealed.
- Remove chicken from pan and add capsicum and zucchini. Cook until just tender.
- Add chicken back to pan with cooked rice, quinoa and mixed beans. Stir to heat, ensuring chicken is cooked through.
- Place lettuce on centre of wrap and top with chicken mix, tomato, cheese and coriander leaves.
- Wrap tightly in foil and enjoy.
These yummy Mexican Chicken Wraps were created in collaboration with the Queensland Country Women’s Association’s (QCWA) Country Kitchens program. They pack a punch with flavour and are bursting with colour.
Include carrot, mushrooms and red cabbage (instead of capsicum and zucchini), depending on what’s in season. Half a wrap would suffice as a serve for primary school students, while high school students could enjoy the full wrap.