Mexican Pita Pockets
Wooloowin State School, QAST
- Chrissy Buzzard
1packetMexican seasoning mix
1cupreduced-fat cheese, grated
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add mince and garlic. Cook until browned.
- Add tinned tomatoes and lemon juice. Simmer on med-low heat for at least 15 minutes.
- Separately mix together lettuce, tomato, cucumber and avocado to make a simple salad. Mix the avocado in only just before serving to prevent browning.
- Open pita pocket and add a spoon of salad, a spoon of mince and a sprinkle of cheese.
A hearty meal, full of flavour and colour which is sure to win over the taste buds of all ages.
Vegetarian option – swap mince with a five bean mix.