Connect with us
Discuss your tuckshop with us
Quick Veggie Pizza
- Chrissy Buzzard
4small wholemeal pita breads
3medium capsicum, (red, green and yellow), chopped
1/2all red onion, diced
1cupbutton mushroom, sliced
1cupcanned crushed tomatoes
2tbspparmesan cheese,finely grated
- Preheat oven to 200ºC and position rack in middle of the oven.
- Heat large nonstick frypan, brushed with olive oil and add onion, herbs and capsicums. Cook until soft and slightly charred about 10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes. Set vegetables aside.
- Mix tomatoes with herbs in a small bowl.
- Place pita breads on baking paper lined oven tray, smooth spoonfuls of tomato sauce over base, sprinkle with half the parmesan and then arrange grilled vegetables in a single layer over the sauce.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes until edges of pita are crispy.
- Optional: Before service add a sprinkling of the remaining parmesan, oregano and sweet paprika, cut into slices.
A delicious, quick pizza that’s packed with healthy veggies.
Substitute capsicums for vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, pumpkin or sweet potato. Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 7 days. May be frozen for up to 3 months.